Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ardaas Shakti...अरदास शक्ति ...ਅਰਦਾਸ ਸ਼ਕਤੀ .

AUKHI GHAREE NAA DEKHAN DAYEE, APNA BIRAD SAMAALE||

My daughter (S. Raghbir Singh ji's daughter) was expecting a baby. Since this was her first time, it was expected to be a painful delivery. Till nine months, my daughter’s health was normal but at end of the ninth months, her whole body swelled and became sore. Due to some other reasons too, the doctors did not think that this would be a normal delivery case.

When I told the senior doctor that for while, everything in my home had been normal and that Waheguru had never disappointed me, he started laughing, called the other doctors and said, “Look, Mr. Singh is sure that the baby will be delivered normally.” Other doctors too addressed me as Mr. Singh and told me that they too want the baby to be born by normal delivery but all circumstances are leading towards delivery through operation and that they have to be prepared for that.

When the time for delivery came, my daughter was taken to the hospital. All day she stayed in great pain and around 11pm the doctor told me that next day around 4am – 5am the baby will be born and that I should go home now.

My daughter had become very weak after enduring pain all day. She called me over and said to me that she does not have power to even do ardaas and that I should perform ardaas (prayer) for her. She said that she could sustain pain anymore and asked me to do ardaas to rid her of pain. I myself was in a state of shock and surprise over the events of the whole day. My daughter had been in pain all day and the doctors were suggesting that she would have to sustain pain all night as well. Her condition was very serious at that time.

After much persuasion by the doctors to leave for home, I left for home around 11pm, so that I may knock the door of Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji and do ardaas. Before leaving for home, I went to the labour room (where babies are delivered) and I did Ardaas and recited the following shabad with full faith:

BILAVAL MAHALLA 5 ||

TAATEE VAAO NAA LAGAYEE, PARBRAHAM SHARNAAYEE||
CHAUGIRD HAMARAI RAMKAAR, DUKH LAGAI NAA BHAAYEE|| 1 ||

SATGUR POORA BHETIYA, JIN BANAT BANAAYEE||
RAAM NAAM AUKHAD DIYA, EKA LIV LAAYEE|| RAHAO || 1 ||

RAAKH LIYE TINN RAKHANHAAR, SABH BIYAADH MITAAYEE||
KAHO NANAK KIRPA BHAYEE, PRABH BHAYE SAHAAYEE|| 2 ||

I came home while my daughter and my wife stayed at the hospital.
It took me 10 minutes to come home in my car. At 11:10pm I started doing ardaas with folded hands. I thought I will not be able to sleep,so I would spend the whole night doing ardaas and simran.

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE BEGINNING OF MY ARDAAS

In the beginning of my ardaas I had a very scary thought. This thought and vision had been created as a result of my faithlessness or maybe it was created as a test for me.  Maaiya(wealth) tries its best not to let one escape from its clutches. If the spiritual student stays strong and does not falter during such tests, then illusions like maaiya cannot do anything and the infinite power of Vaheguru protects the Sikh.

In the beginning of the ardaas this thought came in my mind that first of all, Waheguru in front of whom I am doing ardaas probably does not exist and even if he does exist, there is nothing he can do about it as the current situation of my daughter is the result of her bad karma from previous life. 

The inner voice addressed me saying that my daughter must have done some very bad karma in her previous life and for this she will have to suffer. The thoughts came to my mind along the lines that the condition of my daughter in fact is very serious and that what the doctors are saying is truth. I am not going to get anything positive out of this ardaas.

Then the thought came to my mind that it was my duty to stick around my daughter who is at deathbed and instead of sticking around with her, I have run home to do ardaas like a coward. Instead of facing the problem, I am looking for refuge a futile thing like ardaas. After this I saw in my thoughts the dead body of my daughter and the thought came to my mind that it is futile to do ardaas for a dead body. 

I FIGHT BACK THE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS OF MY MIND

I was very surprised to see such attacks of my mind and got worried. After I saw the dead body of my daughter in my thoughts I cried out, “NO NO NO, this cannot happen!  I have come under his protection and he always keeps honour of the ones who come to Him. The scene and the thoughts that I had seen are all illusion. 

My Waheguru is million times powerful than Maaiya the illusion. My eyes can be deceived, as what they see may be wrong. My ears can be deceived, as what they listen to could be wrong. My daughter can be deceived by illusion of maaiya. The doctors can be deceived by maaiya but I am a Sikh of Guru Arjun Dev jee and I am a Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh jee. I cannot be deceived (dhokha) by maiya. I know that if Waheguru wants he can survive us without breathing. My daughter will surely get cured”.

After saying out all this, I extended my hazooriya towards Waheguru and said, “Sache Paatshah(True GOD), please don’t look at my weaknesses. Cure my sweet daughter. Please prove the falsehood of maaiya”.

When the above stated thoughts went across my mind, the previous scary thoughts vanished. My anxious and tired mind was filled with peace and fearlessness. In this new state of mind, I was saying:

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA
WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH ||

While sitting in this state of mind, I heard the phone ring. I picked up the phone and found out that my daughter had given birth to a baby at 11:43pm and that the birth was natural and not by operation. 
Doctors were surprised at this. My daughter and her child were doing just fine.
After the phone call, I was filled with gratitude and started reciting the following pankiti of Gurbani:

VAARIYA NAA JAAVAAN IKK BAAR||
TU SADA SALAMAT NIRUNKAAR||

Written by..Sardar Raghbir Singh Bir

(.. from “Ardaas Shakti”, written by Sardar Raghbir Singh Bir.)

2 comments:

  1. After reading this a real energy and power to understand the strength of prayer will rise in everyone mind who read this.... great work done...congrats..

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIRTHI KADE NA HOVEE JAN KI ARDAS. DHAN A TO WAHEGURU

    ReplyDelete